Gung ho
(Weh tunggu dulu! Belum habis edit lagi! Jangan bace lagi!)
*Edited
Last Friday was like a holiday, I din do anything (at all!) the whole day. My pc got infected by a virus* and Ludo asked me to reformat the pc and the whole process of reinstalling took up the whole 9-6. With nothing else to do, I wandered around and found this book on the bookshelf. The title is Gung Ho!, and it’s about performance development of the people in an organization (its in the office, what do u expect). It’s a non-fiction, and the story is interesting. At least for an unmotivated (more like demotivated) people like me, I find it quite interesting. Well compared to those programming and technical and engineering books, of course this one is better.
Gung Ho is a term given for an enthusiasm of work. (The literal meaning I don’t know, but u can always wikipedia that, I think it has something to do with Chinese and World War I). People with Gung Ho philosophy often produce tip top work, way above satisfaction level, because they are governed by these 3 laws of nature:
*Edited
Last Friday was like a holiday, I din do anything (at all!) the whole day. My pc got infected by a virus* and Ludo asked me to reformat the pc and the whole process of reinstalling took up the whole 9-6. With nothing else to do, I wandered around and found this book on the bookshelf. The title is Gung Ho!, and it’s about performance development of the people in an organization (its in the office, what do u expect). It’s a non-fiction, and the story is interesting. At least for an unmotivated (more like demotivated) people like me, I find it quite interesting. Well compared to those programming and technical and engineering books, of course this one is better.
Gung Ho is a term given for an enthusiasm of work. (The literal meaning I don’t know, but u can always wikipedia that, I think it has something to do with Chinese and World War I). People with Gung Ho philosophy often produce tip top work, way above satisfaction level, because they are governed by these 3 laws of nature:
- The spirit of the squirrels.
- Worthwhile work. First, the work has to be understood as important. Second, it has to lead to a well-understood and shared goal. It's analogous to squirrels who work hard to store away the food for the winter otherwise they wont survive nanti.
- Worthwhile work. First, the work has to be understood as important. Second, it has to lead to a well-understood and shared goal. It's analogous to squirrels who work hard to store away the food for the winter otherwise they wont survive nanti.
- The way of the beaver.
- Beavers built their own home in the river (or dam?), and each and everyone of them is in charge of themselves. They are under control of themselves, because they know what they are doing. Ok ekceli I haven't finished reading this part yet. The end product, the home, is structurally stable and organized.
- Beavers built their own home in the river (or dam?), and each and everyone of them is in charge of themselves. They are under control of themselves, because they know what they are doing. Ok ekceli I haven't finished reading this part yet. The end product, the home, is structurally stable and organized.
- The gift of the goose.
- Also haven't finished this part, but its about why geese fly in V formation when they migrate from cold region to warmer region. There's something about teamwork (apart from aerodynamically efficient) that Allah is trying to teach us here. For example, during the V flight, they honk to each other as a sign encouragement and support. The journey is always long-haul (months!) so they need this kind of support. Sweet!
- Also haven't finished this part, but its about why geese fly in V formation when they migrate from cold region to warmer region. There's something about teamwork (apart from aerodynamically efficient) that Allah is trying to teach us here. For example, during the V flight, they honk to each other as a sign encouragement and support. The journey is always long-haul (months!) so they need this kind of support. Sweet!
Reminds me of my all-time fav Mighty Ducks' Flying V
Ceh padahal kene buat code review lepas ni, tetibe dah buat book review pulak kan.. Ok time's up. Mari pulang ke pangkal jalan enggang. Yey hari ni boleh balik awal.
Gung Ho, friend?
*virus = there's a funny and classified story about how I got infected by the virus.. will tell later

Comments