Unwritten
So what have this not-unique girl been up to, lately?
Well, I attended my company's New Year dinner at Sunway resort the other day. And like all predictable girls, I have an elastic stomach that can stretch for any number of miles long, if my eyes caught a vision of super yummy foods. This dinner is intended to commemorate three new years that happen in January. Gregory calendar year, Hijri year, and Chinese lunar year. And also to mark the last day of our regional general manager, Philip. He's going back to Belgium to continue his career somewhere else. And also to welcome Philip's successor, Alex, who'd just landed few hours before the dinner, and also to welcome Wim, the apentah director from HQ jugak. As normal as it may sound, the foods were aweeesssss-----wait for it---ommmmee.
+
++
I saw Freedom Writers just now, it's a good film, recommended by Wan, whom I believe will be just as passionate as that Miss Gruwell in the film. The film was motivational, based on a true story. It's about how a teacher unites her students regardless of colors and races. I know there are lots of other films like this one, right, like one stranger came to a town and changed everything – just the way I like it.
+++
That was last night's post. Its Friday now, and I'm at work, slacking off, yeah nothing new about it. I wish I could be one of those people who have passion for their job. Mind you, liking a job and being passionate about a job are 2 totally different things.
Tadi masa lunch hour, I went down to Pasta Fusion, a food stall that sells cheap pastas. And gile delicious too. A plateful of pasta, whatever pasta, with tasty sauces, like carbonara, tomato potato, olio, whatever, just cost u rm4.50. Every day the akak would cook different types of pasta, and explain to me (her regular customer) what is this called, what are those called. The akak is nice. For someone like me, a platter is enough. For someone like you, well maybe you have to share with another 2 people. For only 4.50, u could get your stomach full till late evening.
(ok doesnt really look inviting la, this thing)
++++
Latest:
Ok u know what, all of the above was written 5 days ago. Been looking for some free time to upload all the related pics but end up finding none. Last week was so full, I was out the entire 7 days of the week (will tell about this later next post). No time to curl up a ball on bed. Ponat. And now my throat is burning, the usual early sign to catch a cold.
Comments
and people should boycott because of the knowledge of why should boycott not because everyone else is doing it therefore i should, sigh~
freedom writers best kan! and thanks for the compliments, i wish i could be like her but its pretty daunting, i mean, movies are supposed to work out, actually that movie is based on a true story but in the malaysian context, it'll be so hard, ok, i'm not supposed to say that but let's just say that i have my doubts but then again, i am inspired ;)
nak try pasta fusion, belanja! :p
and y arent u passionate in your job? takkan mid-life crisis kot :p
yeah i know, but it surprised me that the office ppl also aware of this boycott-israels even non-muslims pun sedar..
haha meh2 datang ofis me belanja that cheap pasta..
haha more like quarter-life crisis kot..