Of buses

I got this gem from our recent halaqa.

It's nothing new, something we hear almost everyday. It's about how we learn the most through adversity rather than prosperity. You know that. I know that. Everybody knows that.

(if that's the case then what else is there to share?)

Nothing else. But. I really like this analogy, it describes the situation better.

Bas lompat vs. Bas express.

I never rode a bas lompat btw. But I can imagine myself dragging a roller luggage from a hostel to get home. With tudung yang dah mcm karipap, sun is scorching, muka berminyak, I would hop on and off buses and LRTs together with another hundreds of KLites who may or may not forget to spray their deodorants on. Ok you don't wanna imagine that. But along the journey I might meet a very nice blind aunt who sells kerepek kacang dal on the street, 1 packet for rm2 but 3 for rm5. An old wheelbounded uncle who strolls himself on and off LRTs just to sell tissue packets. An unbelievably soft-spoken brother selling asam packets next to maybank. A rude makcik wearing a fake coach bag.

Tiring? Super.
Experience? Priceless. I mean how often do I get to meet people from various walks of life kan.

While for the bas express, all I've got to do would be buying a direct ticket off the counter, hop on board, and sleep. Few hours later, salam papa imang dah sampai. Ok papa datang lagi 10 minit.

Tiring? Maybe the neck strained a bit since the head rest wasn't really good. Or maybe tired of waiting for the dad while eating mars caramel.
Experience? Hm do I really need that, I'm just going home jeW.

Since Muslims should seek for lessons even in a cow, bas lompat would definitely be the best way to go.

(but I can't tell you how much time you would spend on the bas lompat though. Or money, perhaps)

Or if you don't speak buses, which one would you prefer taking, connection flights or direct flights? (I'd prefer the former tho, hehe)

So have you been hopping on and off bas lompats or it has always been bas express for you?

P.s. God bless multiracial malaysians. Keep on granting us public holidays! :)


Comments

i remembered i had to hop on a bas lompat from the bus station sg petani to the institute where i was studying with a wheelie big bag and my face was all hot and stuffy and carrying the bag onto the bus with nobody wanting to help and then i selfishly put my bagpack onto the seat next to me anxious coz of not wanting crazy people sitting next to me! and dont get me started on the smell of not only the bus but also the people! urgh! but yeah, you get to see people more and then you conjure all kinds of stories in your head about these people and it gives u a different and fresh perspective on what you're going through.

but then again, if you could have it easy, y duncha? i mean, i did have a choice of taking an RM8-RM10 cab but taking the 60 cents bus seem like an okay option and looking back, i would probably would do it again. but then again, maybe circumstances have changed and maybe i need not take another bus lompat like ever. who knows.

cool post btw ;)

bile nak jupe ;p
naaiemah said…
agreed on the "you conjure all kinds of stories in your head about these people.." :p

of course if there's an easier option its not wrong to go for it, this is just for learning sake, and there's many other ways to learn good stuff apart from hopping on and off buses.

alamak your last question gave chilled nerves. we havent finished our project yet, alak keeps buying the materials and we keep visualizing the end product but somehow the pace is really slow hahaha. dont worry, there is still progress :p maybe we need a big kick on our backs from the first customer kot lol
Alalalak said…
Oo aritu naik bus from lcct duduk sblah stewardess pastu haku cOnscious gile sbb terlupe pakao deo sebbaik x bau! (confidence is when u honestly believe u dont hv to wear deodorant in the morning and find out later in the evening tht u were right) haha. Pastu baik sesuatu yg agak kurang menyenangkan mcm bau kaki, rupenye stewardess sblah haku bukak kasut die ... Puuuuuuuuhhhhh sabo jele.

Moral of the story; jgn ingat muke cantik can get away with smelly feet :s
Naaiemah said…
Haaaaa gelinye stewardess airasia yg perasan lawa ade smelly feet!!!! Bak kate marempit gile potong wey haha.

Oo imang dah lame takpakai deo ngan rase tak besalah kalau duduk sblah org ptg2 sbb rase diri sendiri dah wangi. Walaupun org sebelah might think otherwise i think its their problem hahah. Now that's confidence. (or self centric)