Resurfacing!

Its the last night at hud's place. Going back home tomorrow. Alone. Somehow it feels weird flying solo after the wonderful 18 days together :p Especially now that we're gonna live apart for at least until after raya, or at most until after new year next year, makes me ask myself a million dollar question: can I ever make it? Logically speaking, why is it not possible pulak when I've spent almost 26 years not living with him and suddenly after only 18 days living terus tak boleh apart? Emotionally speaking, well, I could be running out of words so I'm just gonna pray really really really hard that logics work this time. That everything is gonna be ok. Insyallah.

If there's one thing I learned about marriage after these 18 days, it's how to work out the differences. Me and my husband, we're like the opposite ends of the rainbow, totally different but without both ends, the rainbow would look like colorful straws, beautiful maybe, but somehow incomplete. Cey. Terasa jiwang plak tibe2. So ok I was saying that differences are to be appreciated (and tolerated, of course). And there's another wonderful piece from Kak Baie whom I met in Melbourne few months back. "Don't put expectations. Acceptance with tawakal has miracles in it. However takbes you MIGHT think he is, always set your intentions correct so your marriage will be blessed with barakah. Until then, everything else is secondary". Or something like that. And she was/is right. I tried to not stereotype or put any expectations on this marriage during the early days. And it worked great alhamdulillah. I never thought a husband would iron the tudung and the veil for the wife while she is kelam kabut bersiap last minute.

And of course there's gonna be more things to learn as we go. One of the famous advice is, banyakkan bersabar. Hehe.

*flips page*
So Hud's place is located in Okpo, it's a fisherman's village where the air has fish smell almost everywhere, where the wind blows the most, where the ahjummas and ahjushis (aunties and uncles) are mostly seen (with fishing rods) rather than the anak2 muda. Its where the sun rises the most beautiful you could literally see the orange ball hanging on the sky. I'm not kidding. Errr pictures are still in the camera.

Before Okpo, we were in Busan where I landed from KL. It's only an hour drive from Okpo. Busan is the second largest city in south Korea after Seoul, according to Hud. Maybe we stayed at the heart of the city kot because even on weekdays, it looks so vibrant with colors, the places are packed with people, shops open till late night, and its really loud. The shops have funky names and are all nicely decorated and you're gonna feel like entering each one of them and buy something. Nasib baik tak bawak duit sgt hoho. And I fell in love with this patisserie shop named Paris Baguette, thanks to Hud who first introduced it.

Definitely gonna visit him again next time, insyallah. Hehe.

To my dear husband, we can do this!

Alhamdulillah ala kulli hal.

Updated: this was written last night and now I have arrived home safely.

Location:Neungpo-dong,Geoje-si,South Korea

Comments

suwah said…
huhu kite pulak yg sedih rase nak nangis baca post awak nih..hahahha.. tak dpt bayangkan kene dok jauh2 ngan hasben.. dahle baru kawen.. kite yg dah ade anak sorg pun bile zayd gi sweden 3 minggu pun dah haruuu sangat..

pastu haa mmg btol yang marriage ni pasal how to work out differences. mmg lain sgt2 tapi somehow boleh hidup sama2 dengan aman damai.. haha. and btul.. sebagai isteri, kena sangat banyak bersabar. haha.. tapi hasben pun kene sabo esp bile istri kelam kabut (cam kite juge)

tabah gile ko!
naaiemah said…
hahaha tula pelik gak tetibe takde org yg kite boleh selalu cakap2 with. takpe, dgn adanya teknologi insyallah things will be ok. cey bajet positif padahal..
hud said…
though the seas part us, our hearts are together insyaAllah.

we could always gtalk or skype or call (yang nih tak boleh. kering poket). some other people work where its hard to communicate. the means and facilities are just not there. so Alhamdulillah, instead of sedih, banyakkan rasa syukur ;)

to my dear wife,
be strong and banyakkan doa.

oh, n thank you for the post. its an advice for me too ^^
naaiemah said…
yes thank god you dont work in the middle of vast ocean.

haih. eat the egg tart from paris baguette for me?
i like this post esp the advice from the sis in melbourne tuuu :')

and i feel you..

but of course you'll make it, you always do even with tears brimming, hehe ;) life's like that ^^
naaiemah said…
hehe bes kan?

and i know youre gonna feel me, you're the first person i think of when i wrote about this long distance marriage kinda thing :p