Housewifery month 1
It's been over a month now.
I weighed myself on a weight scale I found in Tesco (because we don't have one at home) in hopes that a few kilos are cut down. But, no. Huhu sedih! In fact bertambah lagi sekilo ade la. Cis ingatkan dah naik turun tangga 4 tingkat (our apartment is at the 4th floor and we don't have elevator) bawak Amru 10kg dah boleh turun berat! Haha, tapi makan pun tak berenti jugak, so what's the point kan. Lagipun kan sejuk2 ni asik lapar je.
One of the things I like about Korea is the coffee shops and boulangerie/patisserie shops are really everywhere. I never liked coffee shops while in KL because I don't drink coffees pun, and some more all there's avail is Starbucks which is boycotted (plus mahal) or Coffee Beans (read: not cheap) or Gloria Jeans (if a mug of coffee costs teens of ringgit I wouldn't call it cheap) or etc - and they're not exactly everywhere. Here, apart from cool coffee chains that I usually go, there are individual coffee shops too. With cosy cosy ambiance, big chairs and tables, cheap coffees (for my case its always hot choco), not crowded, very good service, free and fast wifi, and the most important; yummy desserts and smoothies. While for patisserie shops mmg banyak choices of Danishes, bagels and also pretzels. Not to mention the stores open as early as 7am and close as late as 11pm. The interior deco cun habis rasa mcm nak bukak satu kat kl nanti.
Usually on Sundays we'd go to Homeplus (the korean version of Tesco) for some groceries shoppinggu; and the recent Sunday, we bumped into a very chatty white girl. I thought she just wanted to play with Amru and as the parents we had to act friendly la jugak asked her if she lives around the neighborhood etc. But she seemed serious answering my just-a-gesture questions. She actually asked my name, and where I came from, all nice. She is from South Africa and her name is Leah. And at the end of the conversation she asked, do you have a phone number, maybe we can have a coffee sometimes. I LOVE hanging out with foreigners! Ok she seemed so excited. I forgot to ask what is she doing in Korea. So after she walked away we kinda made assumptions that she:
1. Is working here just because she loves foreigners
2. Is a boring housewife at home and looking for a kawan lepak in the morning
3. Her dad is working here (but she didn't look young enough to be following her dad around) btw kat Goeje Island (where we're in) memang banyak expats sbb banyak shipyard (ade Samsung ngan Daewoo)
4. Is a Christian missionary. Jengjengjeng.
I gave her my email address so maybe she could write later ke. OF COURSE she never gets back to me after that day.
Actually I wrote this entry a few weeks ago and now only I had the opportunity to end it and click Publish :)
I weighed myself on a weight scale I found in Tesco (because we don't have one at home) in hopes that a few kilos are cut down. But, no. Huhu sedih! In fact bertambah lagi sekilo ade la. Cis ingatkan dah naik turun tangga 4 tingkat (our apartment is at the 4th floor and we don't have elevator) bawak Amru 10kg dah boleh turun berat! Haha, tapi makan pun tak berenti jugak, so what's the point kan. Lagipun kan sejuk2 ni asik lapar je.
One of the things I like about Korea is the coffee shops and boulangerie/patisserie shops are really everywhere. I never liked coffee shops while in KL because I don't drink coffees pun, and some more all there's avail is Starbucks which is boycotted (plus mahal) or Coffee Beans (read: not cheap) or Gloria Jeans (if a mug of coffee costs teens of ringgit I wouldn't call it cheap) or etc - and they're not exactly everywhere. Here, apart from cool coffee chains that I usually go, there are individual coffee shops too. With cosy cosy ambiance, big chairs and tables, cheap coffees (for my case its always hot choco), not crowded, very good service, free and fast wifi, and the most important; yummy desserts and smoothies. While for patisserie shops mmg banyak choices of Danishes, bagels and also pretzels. Not to mention the stores open as early as 7am and close as late as 11pm. The interior deco cun habis rasa mcm nak bukak satu kat kl nanti.
Usually on Sundays we'd go to Homeplus (the korean version of Tesco) for some groceries shoppinggu; and the recent Sunday, we bumped into a very chatty white girl. I thought she just wanted to play with Amru and as the parents we had to act friendly la jugak asked her if she lives around the neighborhood etc. But she seemed serious answering my just-a-gesture questions. She actually asked my name, and where I came from, all nice. She is from South Africa and her name is Leah. And at the end of the conversation she asked, do you have a phone number, maybe we can have a coffee sometimes. I LOVE hanging out with foreigners! Ok she seemed so excited. I forgot to ask what is she doing in Korea. So after she walked away we kinda made assumptions that she:
1. Is working here just because she loves foreigners
2. Is a boring housewife at home and looking for a kawan lepak in the morning
3. Her dad is working here (but she didn't look young enough to be following her dad around) btw kat Goeje Island (where we're in) memang banyak expats sbb banyak shipyard (ade Samsung ngan Daewoo)
4. Is a Christian missionary. Jengjengjeng.
I gave her my email address so maybe she could write later ke. OF COURSE she never gets back to me after that day.
![]() |
| Amru suke muncung mulut. Selalunye kalau gi memane mesti ada org stop by tegur2 Amru, haha jakun tgk orang melayu kot. |
![]() |
| Siap ade nak kawan2kan ngan anak diorg, comel sgt baby tu. |
![]() |
| Makan pija (pizza) |
![]() |
| Look what's inside the cup! |
![]() |
| Sedap sgt popcorn ni walaupun lemau!! Kalah habis Garret yg kat klcc yg mahal tu!! Rase nak beli 1000 bawak balik msia nanti. |
Actually I wrote this entry a few weeks ago and now only I had the opportunity to end it and click Publish :)







Comments