Newness
My new year this time around could've never felt newer. This year I am experiencing everything new, unlike new years for the past few years.
Classes will commence in February. After 5 years (or is it 6 years?) I decided to be back to books insyaAllah. Quoting Nancy, if you don't do it now, YOU'LL NEVER DO IT! (definitely gonna miss that woman and her warmth).
For the past 4 new years, I'd still be working in the same company, solving worldwide airlines' flight simulator problems or doing some avionics or engine modules update for them. I loved the job, the job loved me. It's hard not to love CAE. B was such a cool guy to be a GL. All other previous GLs are cool too. Colleagues are so resourceful and helpful especially the muslim ones. Salary was good, for me I had more than enough. Bonus and increment was, well, while it wasn't fair to others, it was fair to me :D Traveling allowance claim was a breeze, though I'd often get over claimed (!). I get to experience 5-star hotels around the world which I could not afford if I were to use my own money, and I'd miss the pleasure of collecting air miles and hotel points. If you see it from the surface of the iceberg, it's hard not to love the company.
That was last year. This year I am no longer an engineer with a monthly pay check. Big adjustments, I know. Hehe. But husband made it possible, so I'm kinda okay with it insyaAllah. The key is to live very moderately and we just have to make do with what we have.
Classes will commence in February. After 5 years (or is it 6 years?) I decided to be back to books insyaAllah. Quoting Nancy, if you don't do it now, YOU'LL NEVER DO IT! (definitely gonna miss that woman and her warmth).
Today my daily routine includes sending my dad to a Chinese hospital located 9km from our place for his daily acupuncture treatment. The hospital has its traditional chinese medicine department. The doctors came from China Mainland and they can't even speak English. The nurse translates what the doctor says to us. Afternoon, my dad goes for his daily fisio at NASAM (National Stroke Association Malaysia) Center which is just 5km away. Alternate days, my dad would go for some traditional reflexology just 15km away.
After my dad was confirmed that he has stroke, my life changes drastically. Quoting an ustaz, the real journey only begins when we are put in the pit. I'm sure Allah is preparing a very big hikmah for us once we got out of this pit. The support from our family members are tremendous. At times like this my dad could really use a lot of laughter and a stress-free environment.
I always have my friends asked, how is it like to not be working anymore? To which I answered, I've never felt so liberated! Hehe the fact that I don't have to complete a timesheet at the end of the week feels so liberating. And the fact that I don't have to always be up and above anyone's expectation feels even more liberating. I decided the next boss I will be working for, is me. Ceh la tapi :p Tapi please pray for me la keh!
Comments