How to calm a crying baby?

The only way to tell that my plate is so full and things are getting out of hands is by having some new posts posted here. Hehe. Reverse productivity at its best.

Some other nights ago during a qiam, Fathi was doing what he does best - testing out his lungs (read: crying). Maybe I seemed a bit uneasy with that and this newly married ukhti asked me, akak did you plan for this second child? (Yeah she really asked me in English)

That was some funny question and I thought she was joking. But no she was not.

I said sheepishly, "Yeah we thought it was about time, plus I am getting older" (I replied in English too!)

Ok of course this post is not about family planning. It is just that I was thinking alamak did I just give a false impression of how terrible it is to have a child and what more to calm him when he is screaming? At a public place where people need to give full attention?

And Fathi ended up spending the night crying every few hours... with her in the same room :p

Hehehe well she has to prepare for this one day.

As for the title, I think the only way to calm a crying baby is to give him what he wants. But how do we know what is it that he wants? Use your parental instinct it is usually working. Of course the first time is never a charm. Try and try again.

Hehe post mak mak sangat.

Comments

wanmaddyhah said…
i wouldnt put much thought in it, i think she's just curious, haha, so you are so mak mak laaa kannn, go figure! ;p