Let it go
Several several nights ago during a qiam night in, we had this fun gift-exchange activity we played among ourselves. No it wasn't a boring rm10 off Speedmart photo frame kinda gift. Everyone coming that night was required to bring a gift to exchange that was:
1) So dear to her
2) Well kept
3) Not new
At first I had no idea if I even have something so dear and well kept. But then my husband suggested that thick notebook I bought from Montreal many years ago that I never used. That notebook was somewhat special to me because, first, I am an A5 spiral notebook collector and would buy notebooks wherever I have trips to. Second, that book was bought during my first job assignment abroad. The first of many things. So special that even my husband couldn't have it when he ran out of notebooks the other day. After all bile lagi lah nak pegi Montreal pun it's on the other side of the globe.
So during the night when we exchanged the gifts we had to also tell why it was special. I saw a sister giving a brooch she bought from Andalusia. Another a tudung nikah, a big bear, a mini teapot from Egypt, clothes, etc. I'm glad my notebook landed on someone whom I trust would do the book a favor. Hopefully I'll also get rewarded for every good deed that notebook is used for.
The whole thing taught me that, definitely it's hard to (even think to) let go of something I hold dearly. But when I finally do it, I actually felt a gush of relief, satisfaction, contentment. So glad that the receiver could benefit it more than I would if it's been staying collecting dust on my shelf. So glad that the receiver is happy. No wonder why there's a saying if you want to let go your things, let them be something so dear to you. Well something like that lah.
End of Story 1.
I think there is a Story 2, but let's see first lah k.
To conclude, letting go is actually easy if we could SEE what reward awaits us straight away. Which also defines the very common attributes of humanbeings, i.e. reciprocity or, maybe INSTANT reciprocity (because the sooner we get to see the reward the easier we are to let go). And as Muslims, here's where we factor in our faith and tawakal. Isn't God conscious feeling awesome?
Comments